Assalam u alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh!
If you are new here, please take a seat and let’s go through the intro of AYEINA first (run by the two Muslim sisters – AYEsha & samINA). If you are familiar with AYEINA already, then you’re already a part of the family – this amazing community of Muslims trying to make the best of the world and the best of the Hereafter! All of us are struggling souls walking towards one goal – uplifting each other in the process because a believer is the believer’s MIRROR!
Following are the top ten popular posts from each year since we started AYEINA (along with a short preview of that year):
The highlight of 2019 was Jannah Journal (an imagination journal with division of Jannah ahadith and verses into 5 senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch/feel)) – our fourth tangible (novelty) product – it’s a 3D book with 30+ lift-a-flap shapes and stencils/stickers to decorate the fold-away cardboard masjid (cover). And hey! We won the Muslimah Bloggers award again alhamdulillah – this time as the “overall most Inspirational Blogger“. Jazakumullah khairan katheera for everyone who supported us throughout these years! May Allah make us better than what people may think of us…In terms of the blog, following were our ten most-read blog posts from 2019 (either they were published in 2019 or published at the end of 2018* and hence gained momentum in 2019):
2) Steps to Help Kids Memorize Quran (tips from a mother of 2 huffadh) *
3) How to Help Kids Love Allah & Islam (without forcing it on them) *
5) How to Prepare for Eid & Make it Special for Kids (FREE Checklist + Eid Takbeerat Audio)
8) Islamic Contest 2019 (caption & art) – THEME: Jannah
In 2019, we started taking Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays off from social media (each week) and working only 4 days a week – which was a huge step forward in terms of mindset for us because everyone thinks that more work and more visibility equals more growth. But alhamdulillah our annual 4-5 month break has been such a success that taking more days off during the week seemed like a productive step forward so we can maintain quality at AYEINA even if the quantity gets affected.
Top 5 posts on Instagram (24.3k followers till end of 2019):
- 3 year old’s Quran recitation in animojis.
- Good deed a day Ramadan calendar / Eid countdown ideas for kids (featuring Eid Party)
- Story of our Baba’s beard and how he came to Islam
- How Allah describes first years of motherhood in the Quran – wahnan ala wahn (weakness upon weakness) – this was probably the most popular in terms of shares (so much so that people started copy pasting the text and sending it in Whatsapp groups. We started seeing it everywhere then, with other people (even big Muslim influencers) taking credit for it 😕 – anyways, in shaa Allah will be publishing a whole blog post on this in 2020 🙂
- #IwillinshaAllah Hajj poster (with an inspirational story of Asma bint Umais (RA)).
Top 5 posts on Facebook (13.4k followers till the end of 2019):
- New Zealand shooting
- Ayesha’s eldest finishing Quran
- Conversation with a 4 year old about niqab
- Story of a crying baby in a mosque and reaction of the imam
- Surahs to avoid with little kids (that talk about hell fire and punishment of Allah)
Top 5 posts on Pinterest (13.4k followers till the end of 2019) – This year our pins gathered around 15 million views alhamdulillah:
The highlight of 2018 was Barakah Planner (an undated Islamic planner with hadith and Quran journal + write & wipe daily salah planner) – our third tangible product. We also started a facebook group exclusively for ladies “Productive Muslimaat” where we ran weekly FB lives with different Muslim women from around the world – (in 6 months, 2000+ ladies joined the group). In 2018, we surpassed 100k monthly views on the website alhamdulillah (this was the first year when we actually got serious about blogging and hence documented all the finances from january till the end. It was also the first year when we took a 4-5 month break – something that we plan to do each year now to not only take advantage of the blessed months (Ramadan/Dhul Hijja etc.) but also to create more unique content and products for the mental well being of our ummah bi’idhnillah). And hey! We won the Best Productivity/ Self Development Blog by Muslimah Bloggers. Jazakumullah khairan katheera for everyone who voted even when we didn’t ask for votes!
Following were our ten most-read blog posts from 2018 (either they were published in 2018 or published at the end of 2017* and hence gained momentum in 2018):
In 2018, we surpassed 20k followers on Instagram (our most active social media channel) – which was a reminder that we carry a responsibility of sharing what adds value to people’s lives, that adds value to not only our life in this dunya but also the aakhirah.
Top 5 posts on Instagram:
- A post about struggles of motherhood and salah – something that we did for Prayer challenge in #preRamadanProductivityCourse
- Announcement of the fifth baby in AYEINA’s minis 😀
- Story of Abbad Bin Bishr (RA) in #IwillinshaAllah series
- Story of Fatima Bint Muhammad (RA) in #IwillinshaAllah series
- Announcement of FREE international shipping on Productivity Journal (whiteboard binder)
Top 5 posts on Facebook:
- Video of Ayesha’s 5 year old & 3 year old + Samina’s 2 year old reciting some duas – a post on how to help kids learn adhkaar
- Announcement video of Productivity Journal for Muslims finally as a whiteboard binder – a vision that we were able to bring to life without fundraising or taking pre-orders (something that we weren’t sure if it’s allowed in Islam) – the biggest investment we’ve made in Ayeina so far.
- Story of Samina’s mother-in-law who is a revert
- Ayesha & Samina’s Hijab/Niqab story
- Self-care from an Islamic Perspective in #IwillinshaAllah series
Top 5 posts on Pinterest:
- Saving money from an Islamic Perspective in #IwillinshaAllah series
- Positive Mood Board featuring #AlhamdulillahForSeries Subscriber freebie bundle (which you can download here too)
- How to Raise Grateful Kids (+ List of Gratitude Activities & Resources to Instill Shukr)
The highlight of 2017 was “I WILL in shaa Allaah” Productivity Journal for Muslims – our second journal in the Islamic Psychology series. Although we planned on launching our (upcoming) Art Journal before this one – but circumstances lead us to work on this journal more – because of the need we felt for it in our own lives basically! We won two blog awards at Muslimah Bloggers – Best Productivity Blog & Best Business Blog.
Following were our ten most-read blog posts from 2017 (mostly from the #preRamadanProductivityCourse – based around the topics from the above mentioned productivity journal):
The highlight of 2016 was starting a formal newsletter along with monthly freebie bundles exclusive for the email subscribers. And winning an award of “Top 50 Islamic Blogs” alhamdulillah.
Following were our ten most popular posts from 2016:
2015 was our first year at AYEINA – where we (Ayesha and Samina) launched the blog and by the end of the year, also launched #AlhamdulillahForSeries Gratitude Journal (which was a super scary and risky step to take – considering a complete lack of Islamic journals in the Muslim world back then. But alhamdulillah for all the support from YOU all!). Following were our top ten posts from 2015:
Which one has been your personal favorite post on the blog or social media so far? It could be from outside this list too! Share in the comments below because it will help us serve you better in shaa Allah 🙂